Robonomics WIKI is open source. Any corrections are welcome: fixing errors, typos, some unclear or outdated information, translation into any language. You'll need a GitHub account.
Edit existing doc
- Choose page
- Click button "Edit page" marked with the Github logo on the page you want to edit
- Clicking on the button will take you to the .md file.
- Please, follow common rules for editing Markdown files, bearing in mind a few features of the WIKI stack:
Docs in Robonomics WIKI contain frontmatter block. It must be at the top of the Markdown file, and must take the form of valid YAML set between triple-dashed lines. Between the triple-dashed lines, you can set or edit folowing options:
title: How to contribute # Title for the page, you do not need to duplicate it in text contributors: [positivecrash] # Main contributors (who actively curates this page). GitHub nickname required, without any additional symbols translated: true # "true" if it has been translated in current language (see locale folder name of doc)
- Upload image in folder
- If image needs to be localized, insert all of them in one folder
- Use locale appendix in name of images if it's localized, e.g.
- Make sure your image is web optimised and at the same time it looks good
- Insert images standart way for Markdown files.
You can embed any YouTube video in doc by inserting share link as separate paragraph without any additional quotes or tags, e.g.:
Robonomics WIKI has support for Asciinema. To insert Asciinema, please, follow these instructions:
- Import component after frontmatter block
import Asciinema from '~/components/Asciinema.vue'
- Insert as separate paragraph
<Asciinema vid="WCFcx8C6M8e52UKDNei1xZloU"/>, where is vid is ID of specific asciicast
You can get the widget script for a specific asciicast by clicking on “Embed” link on asciicast page. It looks like this:
<script src="https://asciinema.org/a/14.js" id="asciicast-14" async></script>Asciinema docs
In the example above vid is 14.
Add new doc
If you need to add new page in docs of Robonomics WIKI, please, follow these steps:
- Find the folder with the locale that matches the language of the article you are adding, e.g.
- Create .md file, using in name latin characters and follow common rules for url structure
- Edit file as described above
- Duplicate file to other locale folders, even if you do not plan to translate them. Do not forget mark in frontmatter not translated pages as
- Add doc in menu:
- Open file
- Decide where to place your doc
- If you want to create new section, provide title with locale appendix, using only locales your section is translated
- Add doc with link. The link must be only one, and must not contain locale characters. Correct is
/docs/url-of-your-doc, not correct is
- Use valid YAML for
/data/sidebar_docs.yamland rely on the existing file structure
Submit Pull Request
Make pull request for any content you changed including typos, translations, outdated information or broken links.
Decisions about individual PRs made by Robonomics core team. Special grants in XRT are also possible for extended contribution 🤖💙💛💚💎🍭🎉🔌